Wednesday, March 24, 2010

xyzHopes

Hi, I'm xyz. I'm 35 years old, married, mother to a 7 year old daughter.

Feb 2006, I was diagnosed with Stage 3b Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer despite the fact that I never smoked. For four years now, I've been going through chemotherapy. I've tried all the FDA approved drugs. When this therapy looses effectivity, my next option is to re-use the drugs I've used before. It's less likely that they'll cure me since they didn't the first time.

Knowing this, I looked around for other options. I found a cancer hospital in China that has been quite effective in helping metastatic cancer. I did my research. I actually talked to a couple of patients who have been there. I also corresponded with the hospital via e-mail. I'd like to try their therapy.

Needless to say, my insurance will not cover this treatment. I need about $30,000 for this trip. Here are ways you could help:

1) Breathe T-shirts
I'm selling T-shirts that say "Breathe". To remind everyone what a privilege each breath is.

2) Ebay Auctions (still setting this up)

3) send paypal donations to: xyzHopes@gmail.com
If you want to send me a check directly, e-mail me and I'll consider giving you my address. :-)

4) Join my Facebook page (search for xyzHopes) or visit my webpage

5) Help me spread the word via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail and word of mouth.

Prayers (or good healing vibes sent my way) are also very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help. I pray that you may be blessed a hundred-fold for your generosity of spirit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just joined your fb group! A few quick thoughts:

1 - If people send by paypal as a personal "gift", paypal doesn't charge a fee.

2 - I've seen this site used successfully before for fundraising:
http://www.chipin.com/
I'm not sure if it's something you're interested in, and I'm not even sure of the specifics, but it seemed to work well. Might be something to research, you could add a link to your web page and to the fb page.

It's good to see activity on this!

xyz said...

Thanks for the tips, Dean!!!