Saturday, January 30, 2010

A New Hope

I've been gone mostly because everything has been pretty much the same.
Week 1: Heavy treatment (Cisplatin). Feel terrible. Nausea. Fatigue. Vomiting (that's improved a little over time).
Week 2 and 3: Mondays feel blech. Navalbine. Feel better Tue onward.
Week 4: breather
start over

Through it all, life has still been wonderful. Another Christmas season... another new year. How long can I keep this up?

I'm on my 5th regimen. According to my doctor, there are no more FDA approved regimens after this. Note: insurance only pays for FDA approved regimens. She might be able to find another from the archives, but that means older drugs...

Drugs don't stay effective forever. I was on Alimta/Avastin for a year and a half before that regimen started loosing efficacy. I've just passed my 1 year mark with Cisplatin/Navalbine last Dec.

Early in December, my brother told me he saw this news article in The Filipino Channel (TFC - ABS-CBN) about Fuda Cancer Center in China. They supposedly have been successful with metastatic cancer without using traditional chemotherapy.

No comments: