Monday, June 07, 2010

CT scan - June 2, 2010

I've been quiet since I left China.  I was on vacation.  Yes, I took a vacation from my cancer.  I wasn't on chemo so aside from slight fatigue, I was (and am still) feeling great.  I lost a lot of weight so I've been enjoying shopping for size 4 clothes.
 
There really wasn't anything to report until I got the scan results.  I really need a PET scan but my insurance will not approve a PET scan unless a CT scan proves that there's a need.  As of now, I've got a PET scan scheduled for Tue next week.
 
The results?  Not really good.  The report says I'm worse.  The tumors are bigger.  I feel my doctor wants me back into chemo ASAP.  I haven't digested or aceepted it quite yet.  I'll wait for the PET scan.  CT will show size but not activity.  I'm grasping at straws?  Maybe...  All I'm taking from this is that the fight is not over yet.  
 
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I am defying gravity
And you wont bring me down!

I'm through accepting limits
''cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
-- Defying Gravity
WICKED



UPDATE: I've sent the report to FUDA. They said that the liver tumor has improved. But they cannot tell with the lung tumors without seeing the scans. I'll be sending those with the PET scan results (in DVD) next week.

2 comments:

Marla Sagun Sharpe said...

Xenia, you've been heavy on my heart for the last few weeks. After reading your blog, I am not sure what to say. A hug would probably convey more than words but a cyberhug? I wish there was such a thing. I am praying for you and still believing in miracles.

Unknown said...

Hi X - Hope you are well. I'm so sorry to hear that Fuda wasn't a complete cure but it's good news that the liver tumor has improved. You are an inspiration and give hope to a lot of people, we're all praying that you will be blessed with good health soon. Dean