Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Accupuncturist

I've now had 2 sessions with the accupuncturist. No, the needles did not hurt at all. In fact, after each session, I felt really relaxed.

What's the point? Well, I'm hoping this will help my body be stronger for the next session (which is this coming Thursday 2/19 - I'll appreciate your extra prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes, etc...). Something to help me cope. Like I mentioned in my previous article, it's been quite miserable and long. 9 to 10 days is a long time to be nauseated. I've lost about 25 pounds already. I don't plan to loose any more. Thank goodness it's been steady for the last month or so.

Other than the needles, he's prescribed a special tea. He asked if I'd like to take the pills but I chose the tea. I take too many pills as it is. So he sent me home with a bag of chinese herbs (saw some shrooms in there). It's a little funky but I'm used to it now.

We also talk about accupressure and meditation. There are some points I need to stimulate (by tapping). It's enhanced by mental focus. (Here's the accupuncture/ meditation methodology he prescribed: http://www.emofree.com/)

I like him. I intend to go back and see how it affects my treatments.

If you're in the Reston, VA area and are looking for an accupuncturist. Try khalsamedicine.com. (I'm not paid to advertise.)

No comments: