Thursday, February 19, 2009

Discombobulated

I was supposed to have treatment today. So I worked hard this week to clear out my tasks at work. Picked up my $300 anti-nausea presciption last night (don't even get me started on that co-pay). I almost didn't drink it because of the cost. But drink it I did. My sarcastic self is telling me to eat my $300 and see if I feel better.

A few days before the treatment, I usually start to get anxious. So I try to keep as busy as possible or else I start to get nauseous. This morning, I felt it already even before getting any medication. But there's medication even for the anxiety. I hate all these pills. But take them I do...

When I got to the doctor's office, they prepped me for treatment. Right before they were about to stick me, they checked my blood work from yesterday. They huddled. Uh-oh. Bad sign. They came back with, "We can't give you chemo today. Your white blood cell count is too low. It's not even boarderline. Not even close." So, we'll wait a few days. I'll get another blood test on Monday and we'll see how my counts are doing.

In my head, I was like, "But I already drank my (really expensive) prescription." Damn!

Well, the good news is that I'll feel good for a few more days. I'll get to ice skate with Burke this weekend. I'll get to see her new tricks on the ice. She can hop and turn (not at the same time).

Then what am I gonna do with the rest of my day? I planned to go to work. But since I was up last night till 2am (I know, I shouldn't do that but I need to fulfill my obligations to my job still), I fell asleep and woke up at 5pm. So, I'll work a couple of hours tonight and go to work tomorrow.

Life goes on... Thankfully.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ouch, $300 meds copay? I hope that stuff really works! Have a great weekend and hope the white blood cell counts go up.