Sunday, February 22, 2009

Facebooking

Facebook is my latest addiction. That's actually the reason why I'm blogging more. You know, since I'm online and all... I love connecting with people. I've found friends I haven't heard from in decades! The internet is amazing!

I find that connecting with old friends brings me back to the self I was when I knew them. It's like getting to know myself again from shared memories. Then catching up with each others lives in the present. It's amazing where life takes us.

I was just chatting with Frandee. We were really good friends between the 4th and 7th grades. It was so easy to get back into that friendship. It's like we were never apart.

Then there are those people who you are really curoius about but are too shy to talk to... even through Facebook. Like my crush from waaaay-back. I have no idea what to say to him. So I just spy on him via Facebook. (That makes me feel like I'm back in grade school.)

I got my mom on Facebook. She's loving it. But I really have to think about what I post coz I know my mom will see it. It's not too bad. I don't regret making her my Facebook friend. I'm even trying to convince my mother-in-law. That's gonna be interesting. (Just teasing.) It's really a great way to keep connected.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi X -

Hope you're still feeling well from the pricey meds and hope you'll be able to get your treatment soon. I resisted but then joined facebook after my cousin got sick because it's a good way to keep everyone up to date, even in the PI. Even my mom uses it now, it's pretty amazing. I haven't put my schools or jobs, though, that's too many people to keep up with, lol.

Take Care - Dean