Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 25 - 10 am - Movies and books

Movies
Channel 6 - StarMoviesAsia.TV
They constantly show this URL on the top left of the screen.  The schedule on the site does not coincide with whatever is on.  No where to get the schedule. 
 
I just finished watching X-Men (the first movie).  I just love how Cyclops and Wolverine get on each other's case.  Hilarious!  (It's stupid funny, but it is funny.)
Wolverine:  Don't shoot.  It's me.
Cyclops:  Prove it.
Wolverine:  You're a dick.
Cyclops: OK.
 
Books
I have also been able to read Percy Jackson and the Olympians books 1 and 2.  Let's just say it's no Harry Potter (I'm a very big fan of the books).  Although I must admit i can't put the books down.  I want to know what happens next and I'll probably read the whole series.
 
What don't I like about it then?  It's the way it was written.  It's really targeted for the American youth.  It's very contemporary American.  Harry Potter was written for the British youth.  I just find it more exotic since I'm not around the English often.
 
But I do love the plot and the pace of the book.  Like I said, I can't put it down.  The author successfully melded ancient Greek mythology and the modern American culture. 

No comments: